Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I feel I should write an impromptu post about how and what I am thankful for.  Sure, it's not particularly funny, but it's still important, and something that needs to be said on this.

I am thankful for Ashley.

She is so much more than the light of my life - she is the reason I want to live, and love being alive.  She is my other half.  She is me, and everything I have ever wished, since I was a little boy, to love in my life. 

Since I was a kid, I feel like I have never had the right fantasy about what I wanted from a woman that every boy my age should have.  I've always wanted, more than anything sexual or fantastical, a girl who would let me be myself, completely.  Let me be everything I am, and never fault me for that.  Not just that - she would love me for it. 

That is exactly what I have now, and I don't know how I was so fucking lucky to let that happen to me.

Maybe God said, "Ok, he's gone through enough crap, let him have the one thing he really wants," or maybe it just happened by dumb luck (personally I don't know which would be the bigger stretch of the imagination), but I really don't believe that I am lucky enough to have found the exact, one thing I ever wanted out of life.  I wanted true love to be in my life, and that actually, ACTUALLY fucking happened.  You don't know what a shock this is to me that this has actually come to fruition.

I love Ashley.  More than she'll ever know.  On this day, along with every other day, for the rest of my life. I know I will be eternally thankful for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment